This simple throwback frozen fruit salad has a special place in my heart as my family enjoys it every Thanksgiving, Just once a year.
- 3 ounce softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 5-6 large marshmallows cut up
- 1/4 cup drained mandarin orange slices
- 1 pound can drained fruit cocktail
- 2 tablespoons chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
Blend cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Beet egg whites until foamy. Beat in sugar a tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Beat cream until stiff. Fold cream into egg whites. Fold into cheese mixture. Fold in rest of ingredients. Pour into eight inch square pan. Freeze.