- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 2tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon gochugaru
- 1 head napa cabbage, coarsely chopped, core discarded
- 1 Korean cucumber (or ½ hothouse cucumber, seeded), coarsely chopped
Whisk together the gochujang, vinegar, and fish sauce in a small bowl.
Heat the oil in a large wok over high heat. Add the onion, coriander seeds, and gochugaru. Cook until the onion begins to brown, about 1½ minutes.
Pour the gochujang mixture over the onion, stirring to combine. Cook for 1 minute, until the liquid is nearly evaporated, then immediately stir in the cabbage and cucumber. Cook until the cabbage is wilted and the flavors are nicely combined, about 5 minutes. Taste and season with additional vinegar or fish sauce if you think it needs it.