- 1 medium finely diced onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 ounce cans drained red kidney beans
- 1 24 ounce can vegetable juice
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1 pound bag frozen corn
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
Sauté onion and garlic in a little olive oil in a large pot. Add tomatoes, beans and vegetable juice and heat to a slow boil. In a small bowl mix together chili powder, sugar, pepper and cumin. Add a bit of hot water to form a paste. Add to pot. Add corn and heat to a slow boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Garnish with sour cream and tortilla chips if desired.